EYELID (BLEPHAROPLASTY) SURGERY IN DELHI
Get the best cost of eyelid surgery in Delhi / blepharoplasty surgery in Delhi / lower eyelid or upper eyelid or double eyelid surgery in Delhi by the one of the best eyelid specialist surgeon in Delhi, India at IPACT Center provides the best & specialist cosmetic, and plastic surgeon in New Delhi, South Delhi (India) to the accumulation of excess fat and skin above and below the eyelids, causing drooping upper lids, sagging eyebrows, and bags under the eyes.
As we age, we experience certain depreciating changes in our skin such as wrinkles or loose skin all across the body. Similarly, aging tends to make the eyelids stretch, and weaken the muscles that support them. This leads to the accumulation of excess fat and skin above and below the eyelids, causing drooping upper lids, sagging eyebrows, and bags under the eyes.
If your aging eyelids are bothering you, you have a solution to deal with the concern. Eyelid surgery (also called Blepharoplasty) is a type of cosmetic procedure used to remove excess skin from the eyelids. We have the best eyelid surgeon in Delhi who can help you get back those youthful eyelids.
In addition to cosmetic issues, severe sagging around the eyes may also lead to compromised peripheral vision (side vision). Eyelid surgery can also prove effective in managing these vision problems, making your eyes not just look younger but address functional problems associated with your eyelids. Our experienced blepharoplasty surgeon in Delhi can perform eyelid surgery on both upper and lower eyelids.
Assistance, Over Call
Provide your details and our experts will get in touch with you.
What eyelid surgery can treat?
Eyelid surgery may act as both cosmetic and therapeutic surgery, especially in cases listed below:
Here is the scope where our renowned cosmetic surgeons can help you with eyelid surgery.
- Bags under the eyes
- Drooping lower eyelids that appear as white patches below the iris
- Fatty deposits that show up as puffiness in the eyelids
- Fine wrinkles and excess skin around the lower eyelid
- When sagging or loose skin disturbs the natural positioning of the upper eyelid, sometimes leading to impaired vision.
Why is eyelid surgery done?
Eyelid surgery may prove in addressing the problem of:
- Excess skin on the lower eyelids
- Droopy or baggy upper eyelids
- The presence of excess skin on the upper eyelids may compromise peripheral vision
- You can go for an eyelid surgery as an individual procedure or as an additional procedure with a facelift, brow lift, or skin resurfacing.
Who is a good candidate for eyelid surgery?
You can go for eyelid surgery if you are:
- A nonsmoker
- An individual with no serious eye condition
- An individual who has a positive outlook
- Understand the meaning of realistic goals in a cosmetic surgery
- A healthy individual without a history of medical conditions that could affect the process of healing
It is important to note here that it’s an expert’s job to see if you are eligible for eyelid surgery for cosmetic reasons alone. Call our best plastic surgeon in Delhi to understand if your facial anatomy is suitable for eyelid surgery, especially given the risks associated with the procedure.
What are the possible risks of undergoing eyelid surgery?
Like all cosmetic surgery, eyelid surgery has its share of possible risks and complications. The good thing is apart from a temporary reaction to anesthesia and blood clots, the procedure may contribute to only rare risks, like:
- Dry, irritated eyes
- Infection and bleeding
- Noticeable scarring
- Skin discoloration
- Injury to eye muscles
- Finding it difficult to close the eyes or other eyelid problems
- Blurred or loss of vision, though rarely
The complications or undesired results may call for a revision surgery but with our expert surgeons, the chances are almost none.
How can you prepare for eyelid surgery?
As we discussed in our previous cosmetic surgery articles, our plastic surgeons in Delhi schedule a meeting with the patient. The meeting may have an eye specialist (ophthalmologist) to ensure the safety of your eyes during the procedure.
Be prepared for the following points of discussion:
Your Expectations: A mutual agreement on results of the procedure is important to avoid any conflict following the surgery.
Hereditary: Your doctor will be interested to know if anyone in your family has had eyelid surgery or other cosmetic surgeries. They will also ask if you have a family history of genetic disorders that may compromise the result of the procedure.
Your medical history: Our team of surgeons will have inquiries about your history of previous surgeries. They may also ask if you are presently suffering from conditions such as glaucoma, allergies, dry eyes, thyroid problems, circulatory problems, and diabetes. You will face questions about your drug use or if you are taking vitamins, alcohol, tobacco, herbal supplements, and illegal drugs.
In addition to a verbal interview, the doctors will order some physical exams to ensure eyelid surgery is completely safe for you.
The exams may include:
- Visual field testing to locate any blind spots in peripheral vision.
- Eyelid photography
- A complete eye exam to measure parts of the eyelids or to test tear production and measuring parts of the eyelids.
Your doctors will also warrant certain precautions to be followed before the procedure, such as
- Don’t take aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others), warfarin (Jantoven), and other drugs or herbal supplements that tend to increase the risk of bleeding.
- Don’t smoke for several weeks before surgery as it affects the healing period after surgery. Also, it increases the risk of complications during the procedure.
- Make arrangements for your home return after being discharged from the hospital
How is the eyelid procedure performed?
The eyelid procedure has the following main steps:
Administration of anesthesia: Our surgeons prefer an eyelid procedure in an outpatient setting, involving the use of sedatives or anesthesia administered through IV to help you stay calm and relaxed during the procedure.
Making the incision: The procedure for the upper eyelid surgery involves making cuts along the fold of the eye lied, followed by the removal of some excess skin, fat, and muscle. Once things go as planned, the surgeon closes the cut with dissolvable or un-dissolvable stitches.
For correcting the lower lid, the surgeon makes the incision just under the lashes in the natural crease of the eyes. The excess muscle, fat, or sagging skin is then redistributed or eliminated depending on the case. The surgeon then seals the cut with sutures.
Your surgeon may also combine eyelid surgery with a procedure called ptosis (TOE-sis) if your eyelid requires a lift in addition to the elimination of excess eyelid skin.
What should you expect after the eyelid surgery procedure?
After the completion of the procedure, you will be kept under observation in a recovery room for monitoring. You may get discharged the same day if you don’t show any unpleasant signs, as happens with our patients.
Here are a few temporary discomforts you may experience during the surgery.
- Watering eyes
- Light sensitivity
- Pain or discomfort
- Puffy, numb eyelids
- Double vision
- Swelling and bruising like having black eyes
- Blurred vision due to the application of lubricating ointment to your eyes
It’s normal to have such unpleasant experiences after the surgery. Follow the advice of our best cosmetic surgeons in Delhi for faster recovery from an eyelid procedure.
- Keep ice packs on your eyes for at least 10 minutes every hour on the night following the surgery. Also, make sure, you repeat the same 4 to 5 times on the following day.
- Use the prescribed ointments or eye drops as prescribed.
- Apply cool compresses to manage swelling.
- You may use painkillers as advised by your doctor to manage unbearable pain.
- Wear dark sunglasses to stay protected from the sun and wind.
- Don’t smoke until permitted.
- Rub your eyes.
- Avoid contact lenses for around two weeks.
- Avoid strenuous physical activities jogging or exercising for at least a week.
- Don’t take any medicine without consulting your doctor
Most importantly, seek immediate medical attention, if you have the following symptoms:
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Severe new eye pain
- Vision problems
- An unusual heart rate
What results should I expect after eyelid surgery?
Generally, the results of eyelid surgery last longer, provided you adhere to the instructions of plastic surgeons in Delhi. You may feel some pain and discomfort for some time after the procedure, accompanied by little swelling or bruising.
But, don’t worry. They are generally temporary reactions and you are ready with the amazing transformation in 10-14 days. However, the final healing may take a few months so make sure you take care of yourself as instructed.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION AND ANSWER
We receive some common queries about a eyelid surgery. Here are some the most frequently asked questions about the procedure that you might be interested in as well.
WHAT IS THE COST OF EYELID SURGERY IN DELHI?
There is a huge variation in the eyelid surgery cost in Delhi or blepharoplasty surgery cost in Delhi or lower eyelid cost in Delhi or upper eyelid cost in Delhi as different centers have different expenses depending on certain factors such as:
- Medical tests
- Anesthesia fees
- Hospital or surgical facility costs
- Prescriptions for medication
- And most importantly, the experience, expertise, and reputation of the surgeon
But, the final cost of a eyelid varies as per the facilities offered, and the reputation of the surgeon and the hospital. We, at IPACT Medical Center, offer you the best and affordable eyelid cost in Delhi or blepharoplasty cost in Delhi, New Delhi, South Delhi (India) without compromising the quality and safety standards.
For more details, you can contact us at our helpline number right away.
EYELID SURGERY BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS
REAL BLEPHAROPLASTY SURGERY PATIENT REVIEWS
***** Fantastic Service, Excellent Results
Everything was (much) better than expected! IPACT Center assistants were always helpful and reachable at any time. The staff was also patient and very friendly when it comes to approach / appearance. All in all, throughout the stay in Delhi I have never felt like ‘just another number’ in their accounts.
OTHER FACTS ABOUT EYELID SURGERY
MEDICAL TOURISM IN INDIA
Allow us to become your most trusted partner in your journey to medical treatment in India.
IPACT Medical Center can complete take care of all your needs related to medical treatment in India. We’ll help you at every level of your health recovery.
How It works?
International Patients looking for cosmetic & plastic surgery in India are assisted by IPACT Center to get the best medical treatment at the most affordable cost.